Wellness at work is very important as healthy staff work much better and are able to produce high quality products and services. Corporate wellness at work has been discussed for a number of years and is at the very heart of staff wellbeing, staff wellness and overall employee job satisfaction.
Recent studies have shown that there is an unbroken link between staff wellness and employee fulfillment in any organization whether big or small. This opens a whole new dimension to the concept of work health and Luna Events and Travel understands this and can help you organize a complete corporate wellness package to suit your employees and corporate needs.
Comprehensive corporate wellness programs involve all employees and offers services which motivates each individuals mind,
outer body and inside body. This service includes:
- Yoga and Pilates Group Lessons, which take place at the work place, after work hours
- Eating Plans and Dietitian for those employees who require
- Life Coaching to assist employees reach their goals
- Dream Mapping to ignite employee passion
- Monthly motivation talks
- Corporate Branded workout clothing and accessories
- Wellness Events (Spring Day; Secretaries Day)
- Wellness Retreats
Recent research complied by the American Journal of Health Promotion, indicates that companies who offer yoga / pilates and wellness programs to their employees reduce their annual health insurance premiums, reduction of sick days and thereby improve their bottom line.
According to a recent study on worksite health programs, corporations realized $3 - $6 in savings for every $1 invested in wellness programs. The same study showed more than a 25% average reduction in health-care costs for well-designed programs.
Promoting Wellness is a Good Business Decision Because It:
- Reduces indirect costs associated with poor health
- Improves productivity and quality of work
- Reduces direct health care costs
- Improves the image of the company internally and externally
More than 75% of employers' health care costs and productivity losses are related to employee lifestyle choices. (CDC)
- Employees who smoke cost $1,760 each, per year, in lost productivity. (Liberty Mutual)
- Job stress costs employers more than $200 billion each year in absenteeism, tardiness, burnout, lower productivity, high turnover, workers' compensation, and medical insurance costs. (National Safety Council)
Wellness Programs Can Work!
- A $1 investment in wellness programs saves an average of $3 in health care costs.
- A review of 32 corporate wellness programs studies found claims costs were reduced by 27.8%, physician visits declined by 16.5%, hospital admissions declined by 62.5%, disability costs reduced by 34.4%, and incidence of injury declined by 24.8%.
- A Johnson & Johnson study reported average annual savings of $8.5 million during four years when 18,331 employees participated in a health and wellness program at work.